- Egyptian Reed Cone
- Vented aerodynamic cast aluminum chassis for optimum strength and low compression
- Proprietary cone material with EGYPTIAN PAPYRUS fibers made in-house
- Soft low damping rubber surround for optimum transient response
- Advanced BIMAX spider for improved linearity
- Powerful optimized low distortion neodymium motor system
- Non-conducting fiber glass voice coil former for minimum damping
- Extended copper sleeve on pole piece for low inductance and reduced distortion
- CCAW voice coil for reduced moving mass
- Long life silver lead wires attached 180° apart for improved stability
- Vented pole piece for reduced compression
- High piston to chassis diameter ratio
- Gasket and bolt hole protrusions for reduced coupling to speaker cabinet
SB Acoustics Satori MW16P-4 6" Egyptian Papyrus Cone Woofer
The MW16P-4 is a 4 ohm mid-woofer from the SB Acoustics Satori series. Satori is a Buddhist term for enlightenment. The word literally means "understanding". Satori translates as a flash of awareness. Satori drivers are designed for subtlety and realism.
The driver has very nice looks and building quality. The small but yet powerful neodymium magnet together with the shape of the chassis contributes to an optimal airflow behavior.