Illuminator D3004/604010 1" Beryllium Dome Tweeter
- 1" Beryllium Diaphragm (99% pure Be)
- High Efficiency (90.2dB) and Low Resonance (450Hz)
- Patented Symmetrical Drive (SD-2) motor
- Non-Resonant Alu Rear Chamber
- Neodymium Magnet
- Aluminum Face Plate and Chamber
- Sound Transparent Protective Grill
- 61.9mm (2.44") diameter flange with 55.4mm (2.19") depth
- Excellent choice for both home hi-fi and autosound applications
Scan-Speak Illuminator D3004/604010 1" Beryllium Dome Tweeter
This 1” compact Illuminator beryllium tweeter is an example of a big sound in a small body. As beryllium is a material characterized by great stiffness, light weight and high damping, the beryllium diaphragm offers all the properties required to reproduce excellent sound.
Indeed, the D3004/604010 sounds fantastic. It has very low distortion and a distinct clarity that brings out the best in all types of music. Some have described the sound as holographic. The face plates are die cast in aluminum for a beautiful look with maximum mechanical stability.
The D3004-604010 is optimized to offer small package sizes that can fit into tight spaces such as compact cabinets and automotive trim pieces. The back chamber is die cast in aluminum and designed with a contoured shape that functions as a heat sink in high power applications.
Specifications: Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas): 0.001 ft.³ • BL Product (BL): 1.7 Tm • Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms): 0.43 mm/N • Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms): 0.35 g • Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax): 0.2 mm • Surface Area of Cone (Sd): 7 cm2